I am experienced at developing and copy-editing different of kinds of text for different audiences. I am happy to liaise with authors to resolve queries, address reviewer comments and to make sure that the manuscript matches the writing brief and design specification.
I have many years of experience working with authors to develop and improve material. Over that time I have worked with material of various standards ensuring that authors are clear about what is being changed and approaching any major changes with sensitivity to make sure that all parties are happy with the final product.
academic and professional publishing
My experience in academic and professional publishing has included technical subjects such as Engineering and Finance. I have:
- worked with authors to develop material to strict quality standards in line with reviewer comments
- edited material to ensure that high standards of quality and academic rigour are met.
My experience in educational publishing includes development and copy editing for both General Qualifications (GCSE and A level) and Vocational (BTEC and NVQ). I have:
- worked with authors to develop awarding organisation-specific material to exactly match specifications and fit within page plans
- worked with authors to make sure that language is appropriate for the level and approach of the target audience
- worked with authors and awarding organisations to address review comments and make sure the product received official endorsement
- developed manuscript to make the content more engaging and motivating for students
- developed manuscript for both print-based and complex interactive electronic products.